Application to become a member of the Hampshire Law Society
Please either download the application form by clicking the button below, or register your interest by completing the form.
You can now join online here
If you are having any trouble, please contact The Membership Administrator: Nicola Jennings on email@example.com
Alternatively give Nicola a call on 02380 447022
Register your interest
Membership of the Hampshire Law Society
Under the Society’s Constitution, membership is open to Solicitors either practising (or in the case of trainees under contract with a firm practising) or residing in Hampshire. Associate members are Trainee Solicitors, Fellows, Associates or Graduates of the Institute of Legal Executives, Chartered Legal Executives and Licensed Conveyancers who are employed by a Member’s Firm. “Hampshire” for this purpose includes the districts of Portsmouth and Southampton.
Applications for Membership are always welcome
Applicants need to be proposed by existing members of the Society, and the form should then be returned to the Administrator at the address given. If you have any difficulty in locating existing members, please contact the Membership Administrator.
RATES AND BENEFITS
You can now join online here
SUBSCRIPTION RATES FOR 2024
- Full members(except those not in private practice) £80
- Corporate membership £800 (which will cover all eligible members without limit)
- Educational establishment £800
- Associate members, FILEX /ILEX £50
- Associate trainee members £20
- Ordinary members not in private practice and non-practising ordinary members £20
- Joint membership with Junior Lawyers Division £50 (£15 to JLD and £35 to HILS)
- Members who have 50 years on role £0
An Ordinary Member is any person practising as a Solicitor in Hampshire.
An Associate Member is any person who is a FILEx, Licensed Conveyancer, Notary Public, Patent Attorney, Trade Mark Attorney, Costs Lawyer, Barrister or practice manager, Trainee Solicitor, AILEx, GILEx, Student Licensed Conveyancer, Associate Trade Mark Attorney or Patent Attorney, Trainee Costs Lawyer, pupil or non-practising Barrister or paralegal working or residing in Hampshire.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Dedicated website hampshirelawsociety.co.uk which aims to give you up to date information on evolving current matters of law.
- Our extensive lecture programme with reduced rates for members. Attending just one session will practically pay for itself.
- Free find a solicitor service
- A new presidential team has been elected with substantial plans to overhaul the society
- Quarterly magazine and the opportunity to contribute articles on a regular basis
- Reduced advertising rates both on the website and in the magazine
- A range of social/networking events
- Some free CPD events in partnership with our sponsors
- Social media
- The opportunity to lobby your local MP through our extensive network
CORPPORATE MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE
- FREE articles and news items in the HILS quarterly magazine
- 2 FREE job advertisements annually which will go in both the quarterly magazine and on the website
- FREE advertising of Training Contract offerings, Placements, Work Experience and Mentoring opportunities for your firm
- FREE Spotlight page in the magazine – 1 free spotlight per year (focus on a particular team, member of staff, charity event, firm event or anything you like and have an entire page in the magazine dedicated to you)
- Range of reduced price CPD courses covering all aspects of practice
- A range of FREE and reduced rate social activities and events
- Opportunities to sponsor events at a reduced rate
- Direct liaison with your Council Member and representation at the national Law Society on professional matters
- A named direct contact point for all your enquiries about HILS, what we can offer, what we do, our events and the like
Why not follow us on Twitter and join our LinkedIn page for all the news and events from Hampshire Law Society.
Download this months copy of the journal of the Hampshire Law Society.