Application to become a member of the Hampshire Law Society
Please either download the application form by clicking the button below, or register your interest by completing the form.
If you are having any trouble, please contact The Membership Administrator: Nicola Jennings, 92 Chessel Crescent, Bitterne, Southampton, Hampshire SO19 4BS. DX 52766 Bitterne.
Alternatively give Nicola a call on 02380 447022
Membership of the Hampshire Law Society
Under the Society's Constitution, membership is open to Solicitors either practising (or in the case of trainees under contract with a firm practising) or residing in Hampshire. Associate members are Trainee Solicitors, Fellows, Associates or Graduates of the Institute of Legal Executives, Chartered Legal Executives and Licensed Conveyancers who are employed by a Member's Firm. “Hampshire" for this purpose includes the districts of Portsmouth and Southampton.
Rates and Benefits
• Full members £80 (except those in private practice)
• Corporate Membership £800 (which will cover all eligible members without limit)
• Associate Members, £50
• Associate Trainee Members £20
• Ordinary Members not in private practice and non-practising ordinary members £20
• Joint Membership with Junior Lawyers Division £50 (£35 to JLD and £15 to HILS)
• Members who have 50 years on role approved £0
An Ordinary Member is any person practising as a Solicitor in Hampshire.
An Associate Member is any person who is a FILEx, Licensed Conveyancer, Notary Public, Patent Attorney, Trade Mark Attorney, Costs Lawyer, Barrister or practice manager, Trainee Solicitor, AILEx, GILEx, Student Licensed Conveyancer, Associate Trade Mark Attorney or Patent Attorney, Trainee Costs Lawyer, pupil or non-practising Barrister or paralegal working or residing in Hampshire.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
• Dedicated website hampshirelawsociety.co.uk which aims to give you up to date information on evolving current matters of law.
• Our extensive lecture programme with reduced rates for members. Attending just one session will practically pay for itself.
• Free find a solicitor service
• A new presidential team has been elected with substantial plans to overhaul the society
• Quarterly magazine and the opportunity to contribute articles on a regular basis
• Reduced advertising rates both on the website and in the magazine
• A range of social/networking events
• Some free CPD events in partnership with our sponsors
• Social media
• The opportunity to lobby your local MP through our extensive network
• An in house CPD programme