Iain has extensive experience, both as a mediator and as a practising solicitor in a wide range of disputes, including;
- This event has passed.
Webinar – Getting the most out of mediation
20 May - 11:00 am - 11:45 amFree
Speaker – Iain Travers, The Property Mediators
Between 1987 and 2012, Iain was head of the Real Estate disputes practice at Nabarro LLP. He joined Ashurst LLP in 2012, and was head of their Real Estate disputes practice until 2018. In those 30 years of practice in the Real Estate sector, Iain has worked for a wide range of clients on contractual, development and landlord and tenant disputes. His focus has been on high value litigation and arbitration.
He has led teams on a significant number of large cases, some taken to trial, others resolved by negotiation or mediation. Iain had responsibility for the development of both firm’s contentious Real Estate practice, and worked closely with their transactional teams in providing strategic advice and dispute avoidance.
- Interpretation of service charge obligations owed by owners of football stadium.
- Interpretation of profit share provisions under a development agreement.
- Dispute over land subsidence between Highway Authority and adjoining landowner.
- Claim for damages for breach of an implied duty of confidentiality, relating to a regeneration site near the Olympic Stadium.
- Claim for damages for breach of covenant for quiet enjoyment and derogation from grant and failure to provide services in a landmark London building.
- Rights of reverter over railway land for development.
- Lease renewal proceedings opposed on grounds of intention to occupy by landlord
- Multi-tenanted motorway service station; claim for damages for fraudulent misrepresentation and termination of leasing agreements.
- Dispute over interpretation of overage clause rising out of development of land
- Claim by landlord for cost of remediation works following expiry of lease
- Break up of assets of family business.
- Landlords claim for possession following breaches of covenant and counterclaim for relief from forfeiture
- Shareholder dispute relating to division of profits following completion of development.
Book online below or by emailing Nicola on email@example.com